Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Elegant Flair

Acrylic Painting 40 x 30

It had been a long time since I had actually been inspired to paint something specific. Some of the time I just start something, and see where it takes me. But I had a specific idea in mind for this piece of artwork. I was starting to be inspired by the upcoming Spring, and from all of the contrast of the Winter, and I wanted it to be a large piece that would really make a "statement".

I named it "Elegant Flair". I think it is a timeless piece, hence the "elegant", and the contrast and little bit of color add flair to this simple creation.

2 comments:

Brady and Rachel said...

Leisa you are AWESOME! I remember I first learned you were an artist when I showed up at your dorm room at Ricks one weekend our first year of college, and you snuck in your bedroom window. Bring back memories?!! j/k Anyways, I had no idea before then, shows you how much we've kept in touch growing up. It is so fun to now be able to. What beautiful paintings!

Loralee said...

I so love your art. I went searching which didn't take me long for your art work after seeing the pieces in your home. I love this one. You are amazing and such a natural at everything you try. PS I love my jewelry!